PANORAMA HILLS COMMUNITY CENTRE EXPANSION
- February 2024 – Contractors have moved past the demolition phase and are now focused on securely placing the underground utilities as part of the overall foundations phase.
- December 2023 – There was a Groundbreaking Ceremony to commemorate the progress of the Expansion project.
- November 2023 – The construction project has begun and is progressing well. The contractor is currently excavating the site to prepare it for the foundation work.
- October 16, 2023 – PHCC officially closes office and park to all visitors to begin renovation. PHCC staff remain accessible via email (email@example.com) and phone (403.226.4386) during 9am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- October 4, 2023 – The motion for $7.4 million in funding for the PHCC Expansion was passed with overwhelming approval from members in attendance at the 2023 AGM.
What can a member expect from the PHCC Expansion?
As a member, you can expect the following impacts from the expansion project and the closure:
You will have access to more programs and services in a larger and more modern facility once the expansion is completed in 2024. You will be able to enjoy new program spaces, multipurpose rooms, a lobby and outdoor patio area, and a renovated existing facility.
You will not be able to use the PHCC facility from October 16, 2023 to December 2024. This means that they will be no rentals, programs, and events to participate in at the PHCC during this period.
You will be able to access some of our programs and services at alternative locations during the closure. We are working hard to bring the PHCC Park experience into the community in greenspaces all around the neighborhood. Please check our website for updates and details on these alternative locations.
You will be kept informed of the progress and status of the expansion project through our website, newsletter, social media, and email. We will also provide opportunities for you to share your feedback and suggestions on the project. We value your input and involvement in this exciting endeavor.
If you have any questions or concerns about the expansion project or the closure, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-226-4386. We appreciate your patience and support as we work to enhance our facility for your benefit.
We want to make The Panorama Hills Community Centre a place where everyone feels welcome, connected, and valued. Expansion will:
Maximize indoor space of the facility to accommodate more programs and services for our community members
Create environments that are holistic, open, inviting, integrated, collaborative, interactive, multi-generational and anchored in social connections
Upgrade the amenities to meet the needs of our diverse community
Increase community pride and engagement by fostering a deep sense of belonging and identity
Please join us in our vision to create a hub for our community. Together, we can make The Panorama Hills Community Centre a place where everyone thrives.
The PHCC Office and Park will close on October 16, 2023. This means that you will not be able to access the facility or the park until the renovation is completed.
The PHCC staff will be reachable online. You can contact us by phone (403.226.4386), email (email@example.com), or social media (@mypanoramahills).
The renovation will begin in late October 2023 and should conclude in December 2024. During this time, the community centre will be closed to the public. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.